NMLSTA currently is accepting nominations for the positions of President-Elect, Secretary, and two members of the Board of Directors to begin in March 2018.
Anyone who has been a member of NMLSTA for three years in good standing and is a current member can be a nominee for President-elect. The President-elect will serve a 1-year term in that position; serve a second 1-year term as President*; and finally, a third 1-year term as Past-President*.
Duties of the President-elect:
1. Assist the President as appropriate and necessary.
2. Serve on the Budget committee.
3. Assist in the leadership of the Executive Team.
4. Assume the duties of the President when necessary.
5. Attend all meetings of the Board of Directors
*Duties of the President and Past President are found in the NMLSTA Bylaws, adopted (to be adopted fall/winter 2017)
Any member in good standing of NMLSTA can be a nominee for Secretary. The term of the Secretary is 3 years.
Duties of the Secretary
1. Prepare and submit minutes of all Board meetings in a timely fashion to the President for distribution to the Board of Directors for its revision and approval.
2. Maintain and keep readily accessible a record of the minutes of all meetings of the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee and file a copy of each into the archives.
3. Serve on the Executive Team.
4. Transcribe the minutes taken by a Secretary pro temp.
5. Compile an on-going account of attendance of members of the Board of Directors and its meetings.
6. Be responsible for recording events which include dates of all the meetings, committee functions, activities of Association and Affiliates, and other events of importance to the Association.
7. Provide a directory of the home and work addresses and telephone numbers of all members of the Board of Directors for inclusion in the Handbook.
8. Maintain all official NMLSTA archives filed chronologically, and assume other duties as the President shall specify.
Board of Directors
Any member in good standing of NMLSTA can be a nominee for the Board of Directors. Two Directors are elected each year for 3-year terms.
Duties of Elected Directors
If you would like to nominate yourself for one of the above positions, the following should be submitted via email with the subject line-NMLSTA Nominations,
to the Elections Chairperson, Mary Lou Lipscomb (firstname.lastname@example.org):
Submission Deadline is January 15, 2018
Voting will be done electronically during January 2018