NMLSTA currently is accepting nominations for the positions of President-Elect and two members of the Board of Directors to begin in April 2020. Newly elected Board Members will be announced to the Membership at the Board and Membership meeting during the NSTA National Conference in Boston.
Anyone who has been a member of NMLSTA for three years in good standing and is a current member can be a nominee for President-elect. The President-elect will serve a 1-year term in that position; serve a second 1-year term as President*; and finally, a third 1-year term as Past-President*.
Duties of the President-elect:
1. Assist the President as appropriate and necessary.
2. Chair the Budget committee.
3. Assist in the leadership of the Executive Team.
4. Assume the duties of the President when necessary.
5. Attend all meetings of the Board of Directors
*Duties of the President and Past President are found in the NMLSTA Bylaws, adopted November 2017.
Board of Directors
Any member in good standing of NMLSTA can be a nominee for the Board of Directors. Two Directors are elected each year for 3-year terms.
Duties of Elected Directors
- Serve as the primary liaison between the Membership and the Board of Directors and Committees.
- Attend all meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Actively promote membership in the NMLSTA.
- Actively serve on Committees as determined by the President.
- Be responsible to promote middle level science education through active involvement in other organizations and activities.
- Submit written reports of their activities (specified in 1-5 above) to the President for inclusion in the Annual Report.
- Assume other such duties as the Board of Directors shall specify.
If you would like to nominate yourself for one of the above positions, the following should be submitted electronically in one packet, via email with the subject line "NMLSTA Nominations", to the Elections Chairperson, Mary Lou Lipscomb (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- One-page professional vitae (resume) including education, teaching experience, professional memberships, activities, and awards.
- A description indicating your qualifications for the position (100 words maximum).
- Statement of (a) your educational philosophy and (b) goals you would like to pursue in the position for which you are applying (200 words maximum).
- One letter of support from an administrator or colleague who knows your work.
Please carefully follow all the above requirements for submission, or your submission may be disqualified.
Your responses to numbers 1, 2, and 3 will be posted on the NMLSTA website for members to read.
Submission Deadline is Extended to January 31, 2020
Voting will be done electronically during February 2020
For any questions related to the election, please contact the Elections Chairperson, Mary Lou Lipscomb at email@example.com