Brought to you by NMLSTA and the NSTA Middle Level Teaching Committee
Join Us for Our First Webinar of the New School Year!
Please Note Time Change BelowFeaturing Charles Fulco, a science teacher at Brooklyn Friends School in NYC, a NASA/JPL Solar System Ambassador, and avid eclipse-chaser.
Thursday, September 21, 2023
8:00 p.m. ET, 7:00 p.m. CT, 6:00 p.m. MT, 5:00 p.m. PT
Presenter: Charles Fulco teaches science at Brooklyn Friends School in NYC, is a NASA/JPL Solar System Ambassador and avid eclipse-chaser, having observed total and annular eclipses from 4 continents. He is a presenter for the NSTA, the AAS, DarkSky.org, Time for Kids and other organizations. He has also written numerous articles on eclipses.
Resources found on N0 Child Left Inside website, which he will share during his presentation include:
- Why eclipses are important
- Important info on the upcoming eclipses
- Integrating eclipse STEAM, NGSS and NASA lessons, activities, and investigations into every Middle School curriculum
- Visuals and slideshows to use in class
- How to construct simple devices to safely view eclipses
- Appropriate ways to approach administrators regarding observing eclipses outdoors
- How to secure and arrange a field trip to totality
- Pros and cons of keeping students home on eclipse days
- How to obtain certified-safe eclipse glasses
He will also demonstrate the resources found on his website, including its interactive science diagrams and eclipse simulator, allowing teachers to educate themselves to better prepare their classes.TO SIGN UP FOR THIS WEBINAR CLICK HERE
The presentations will be recorded and placed on the NMLSTA website where it will be available for members.
To access the recordings of previous webinars, click on the "Members-Only" link in the header strip.