NMLSTA

Calling all Middle School Science Teachers! Your Feedback is Needed!

• 07/19/2019 8:53 AM
    Message # 7787431
    Mary Lou Lipscomb (Administrator)

Please complete this web-based online survey for middle school science teachers.  This is a dissertation research project being conducted by Vickie Grant, a doctoral candidate at Piedmont College in Athens, GA, who is also a middle school science teacher at Marietta Middle School.  The purpose of my dissertation research is to develop a reliable and effective instrument that will measure the self-efficacy of middle school preservice and in-service science teachers in teaching engineering practices and applying the engineering design process in the science classroom.  Click this link to access the consent form and the instrument. Please help! 

The link to my online instrument 

https://forms.gle/WGD9RTVtjg3wWu5y7

More details can be found below about the methods and reporting outcomes.  

Target Audience

Middle school science teachers, preservice and in-service

Methods

This Large-scale analysis includes a web-based online survey, which should take approximately 28 minutes to complete.  Examples of statistical analyses that will be performed on the Large-scale data, to determine evidences of validity, will be a factor analysis, t-tests, Cronbach’s Alpha calculations within factors, and descriptive statistical evidences about means and standard deviations.

Reporting Results

In this validation study, content from the review of the literature, with collaboration of an expert group, has provided insight to develop this instrument “Efficacy to Teach Engineering Practices (E2TEP) in the Science Classroom”.  An overview of the results will be reported back to the NMLSTA.

Thank you for your support!  Feel free to share this link with other middle school science teachers.

My email is vgrantstem@gmail.com 

Vickie Grant

Doctoral Candidate

Piedmont College

EDD Program

National Middle Level Science Teacher's Association

"NMLSTA" is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.